To make these rolls, we cooked one lasagna noodle and then covered it with a cheese and spinach mixture. Then, we rolled up the noodle and wrapped it in aluminum foil. We steamed the roll to heat up the cheese and to finish cooking the noodle. When the roll was cooked, we doused it in marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella. This is a fantastic, balanced dish with great vegetable flavor and added garlic for spice. Another great aspect of this recipe for lasagna rolls is that they are made 1 at a time, so you can make a perfectly portioned snack. Or, simply repeat the process to cook 3 or 4 for rolls for a full dinner!
Have fun rolling up your lasagna!
1 cup fresh raw spinach (not baby)
3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
1 lasagna noodle
1 tablespoon shredded mozerella
1 tsp ground garlic
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1. Steam spinach for 3 minutes
2. Cook lasagna noodle for 7 minutes in pot of boiling water
3. Mix spinach with goat cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper
4. Layer on lasagna noodle, and roll
5. While you are rolling lasagna, heat sauce in double boiler
6. Wrap roll in aluminum foil
7. Steam roll for 3 minutes
8. Cover with hot tomato sauce, and sprinkle with mozerella