We knew that this parfait would be great simply because it is made with blueberries, lemon, and whipped cream. But we had no idea that the textures of our parfait would combine these flavors into a desert that is such perfection!
Most parfaits are made with berries and whipped cream or yogurt, but these generic parfaits tend to be one dimensional and boring. We spiced up our parfait with a delicious chilled cream sauce that adds a bright contrast to the thick whipped cream. In addition, the whipped cream was not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill desert topping. We made a fantastic lemon flavored whipped cream that brought out the acidity in the blueberries, and was the element that put this parfait over the top.
This is a fantastic desert that will work well with any type of fruit.
Chilled Sweet Cream:
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsps sugar
1 egg yolks
splash vanilla extract
1 pack fresh blueberries (4oz)
Lemon Whipped Cream:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
juice from 3 lemon slices (about 1 tsp)
2 tbsp powdered sugar
For the sweet cream:
1. Mix whipping cream with 1 tablespoons sugar and heat over double boiler for 5 minutes
2. While cream is heating, whisk egg yolks with remaining tbsp sugar and vanilla
3. Pour hot cream into egg mixture and whisk until combined
4. Transfer egg and cream mixture to double boiler and heat for 10 minutes
5. Pour cream through strainer and into small tupperware
6. Chill in refrigerator 4-6 hrs
For the lemon whipped cream:
1. Whisk cream, lemon juice, and powdered sugar until soft peaks form
Layer blueberries and whipped cream in glass cup or jar. Top with sweet cream and enjoy!