For those of you who don't know, peppermint bark is a treat made out of 3 types of layered chocolate (milk, white, and dark) and topped with crushed up candy canes.
The candy is very popular this time of year, and we thought it would be fantastic to find a way to create our own, dorm friendly, version.
As an added bonus, peppermint bark is a great recipe to demonstrate the effectiveness of our double boiler method.
So here goes...
- 3 mini candy canes (crushed)
- 1 bar each of you favorite milk, dark, and white chocolate
- Aluminum foil (for shaping the bark)
1. Fold a sheet of aluminum foil into an open rectangular box (the base should be as long as the original chocolate bars, and just a bit wider)
2. Break up the milk chocolate and place it in your double boiler
3. Stir the chocolate as it melts, keeping it over the kettle until there are no more chunks
4. Pour into aluminum foil and spread evenly over base
5. Put in mini-fridge (freezer recommended) for 5 minutes while you melt next layer of chocolate
6. Add layer of white and return it to the fridge
7. Layer on the melted dark chocolate and then sprinkle the crushed peppermint over
8. Let bark cool for 10 minutes in the fridge before eating
9. Cut into chunks and share with your friends!