Despite the unfortunate names, puppy chow or Muddy Buiddies are a super easy and delicious treat that can be made in many varieties. Classic puppy chow is Chex cereal that is first coated with mixture of melted chocolate and peanut budder, and then tossed in powdered sugar. Variations of puppy chow can be created by coating the cereal in anything that melts well, like white chocolate or Nutella, and tossing in various powders: red velvet cake mix, or a cinnamon powdered sugar, for example.
This is a recipe for classic puppy chow, but feel free to experiment in your dorm room and come up with your own flavor combination.
- 2 Cups rice Chex cereal
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/8 cups powdered sugar
- In double boiler, melt chocolate and peanut butter
- Pour over Chex cereal, and stir until cereal is completely coated
- Move chocolate covered cereal into a tupperware container
- Add powdered sugar, and toss until sugar is evenly distributed