So, how did we make an awesome no-bake, no-fire s'more with our limited equipment? How did we at dorm room delights accomplish what so many others have failed to do? The secret is a combination of 4 layers: a graham cracker base, a chewy chocolate/marshmallow layer, a gooey melted marshmallow layer, and a hard melted chocolate layer topped with crushed graham cracker and marshmallows. The variety of textures mimics an authentic s'more, because the marshmallow/chocolate layer hints of freshly melted chocolate and elevates the entire s'mores bar.
Although the bowl of the double boiler needs to be washed for each layer, the time spent washing equipment is just the right about of time for the freshly poured hot layer cool. All in all, this is an awesome recipe that uses common ingredients on our blog (graham crackers from our no-bake cheesecake, semisweet chocolate chips from all of our various chocolate recipes, and marshmallows- which go perfectly with our fantastic hot chocolate!)
1. Lay the graham cracker down in tinfoil and fold the foil into a square.
2. In the double boiler, melt 1/4 C of marshmallows.
3. Add 1/4 C of the chocolate chips to the melted marshmallows and continue double boiling until the mixture is combined and has an almost fudgey consistency.
4. Press this mixture onto the graham cracker and let it sit.
5. Melt the rest of the marshmallows and pour them over the chocolate-marshmallow mixture.
5. Melt the rest of the chocolate and do the same.
6. Sprinkle some whole marshmallows and crumbled graham crackers over the bar and let it cool in the fridge.
7. Cut and enjoy!