1. Chop chocolate very finely. Put in large bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil in the double boiler
2. Pour cream over chocolate, stir until chocolate is melted.
3. Refrigerate bowl of ganache about 30 mins
4. Using two spoons, form ganache into balls
5. Refrigerate balls overnight
6. Melt dark chocolate
7. Roll ganache balls in melted chocolate, sprinkle with cocoa powder, almonds, or desired topping
8. Chill truffles until outer shell is hard
Ingredients (makes 12 truffles):
6 oz milk chocolate
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 oz (1/2 cup chopped) dark chocolate