Nachos are easily made in the microwave. Sprinkle some tortilla chips with your favorite kind of cheese, heat for 30 seconds, and sprinkle with salsa. But what happens when it is 11:00 at night, and you are craving nachos in your dorm room?
We have the answer: melt cheese using your kettle!
- 1/2 cup cheese, cut into small cubes, or shredded (f)
- 1/4 cup of milk (whatever you have, we used 1%) (f)
- tortilla chips
- salsa, any variety (f)
1. Combine 1/4 cup cheese and 1/4 cup milk in bowl of double boiler
2. Stir constantly until cheese melts into milk
3. Add remaining 1/4 cup cheese
4. Immediately after rest of cheese has melted, pour over tortilla chips
5. Add salsa and eat quickly (while the cheese is still hot!)